Martingale Collar – Greyhound Collar
The martingale collar is also known as a Greyhound collar or sometimes an Egyptian collar and was designed for dogs whose necks are larger than their heads (like Greyhounds, Whippets, Italian greyhounds, and other sight hounds). Even though these collars are known, mainly, to be used for Greyhounds they have gained popularity among other breed owners who prefer the gentle control of a martingale collar over a choke chain.
A martingale collar is fitted to the exact size of the dog's neck when the dog collar is in the closed position. Owners who have dogs that frequently try to back out of their traditional buckle collars find them helpful. Properly fitted, the collar will be comfortably loose when not in use.
If properly fitted, a martingale collar is safe to wear everyday, but if used in training as an alternative to a choke chain, should be adjusted to fit slightly tighter for the time of supervised training.
When the martingale loop is pulled, the collar should be very snug, but should not constrict the airway. As well as practical they can be found in an array of fabrics and designs and have a very appealing look.
- IS THE GREYHOUND RIGHT FOR YOU
- GREYHOUND RACING AND RESCUE
- DOG FOOD FOR GREYHOUNDS
- GREYHOUND DOG TRAINING
- NAMING YOUR GREYHOUND
- DOG COLLARS
- MARTINGALE COLLAR - GREYHOUND COLLAR
- DOG INSURANCE FOR GREYHOUND DOGS
- DEAR GABI - GREYHOUND LETTERS
- GREYHOUND DOG ACCESSORIES ARTICLES
- GREYHOUND RACER ADOPTION ARTICLES
- GREYHOUND DOG HEALTH CARE ARTICLES
- INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT GREYHOUNDS
- FUN AND INTERESTING ARTICLES ABOUT DOGS
- ANIMAL RESCUE SOCIETIES
- PAWS FOR LAUGHTER
- CONTACT US
- RELATED SITES