Q: My greyhound is shedding really bad is there anything that I can do for her?
A: Shedding can be a number of things.
1) A normal amount of shedding occurs in the warmer weather and the amount of shedding can vary for the individual dog.
2) Your dog may have a vitamin deficiency or have a poor immunity so going to see a vet, for a check up, is a good idea. Good healthy food and vitamins are a good idea in general.
3) Many Greyhounds, mine included, can have thyroid issues and this causes hair loss, particularly on the stomach and haunches. Thyroid problems are common in Greyhounds, some think it is one of the hereditary issues passed on from over/ poor breeding. So you should ask your vet to check for this as well.
4) And just plain genetics, hair loss on the stomach and haunches is a common trait in Greyhounds outside of the Thyroid issue and light to quite significant hair loss in these areas occurs for many.
- IS THE GREYHOUND RIGHT FOR YOU
- GREYHOUND RACING AND RESCUE
- DOG FOOD FOR GREYHOUNDS
- GREYHOUND DOG TRAINING
- NAMING YOUR GREYHOUND
- DOG COLLARS
- MARTINGALE COLLAR - GREYHOUND COLLAR
- DOG INSURANCE FOR GREYHOUND DOGS
- DEAR GABI - GREYHOUND LETTERS
- GREYHOUND DOG ACCESSORIES ARTICLES
- GREYHOUND RACER ADOPTION ARTICLES
- GREYHOUND DOG HEALTH CARE ARTICLES
- INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT GREYHOUNDS
- FUN AND INTERESTING ARTICLES ABOUT DOGS
- ANIMAL RESCUE SOCIETIES
- PAWS FOR LAUGHTER
- CONTACT US
- RELATED SITES