The Visiting Dog
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.
He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.
An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.
The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.
Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'
The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'
- IS THE GREYHOUND RIGHT FOR YOU
- GREYHOUND RACING AND RESCUE
- DOG FOOD FOR GREYHOUNDS
- GREYHOUND DOG TRAINING
- NAMING YOUR GREYHOUND
- DOG COLLARS
- MARTINGALE COLLAR - GREYHOUND COLLAR
- DOG INSURANCE FOR GREYHOUND DOGS
- DEAR GABI - GREYHOUND LETTERS
- GREYHOUND DOG ACCESSORIES ARTICLES
- GREYHOUND RACER ADOPTION ARTICLES
- GREYHOUND DOG HEALTH CARE ARTICLES
- INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT GREYHOUNDS
- FUN AND INTERESTING ARTICLES ABOUT DOGS
- ANIMAL RESCUE SOCIETIES
- PAWS FOR LAUGHTER
- CONTACT US
- RELATED SITES